Citation for Outstanding Community Outreach
Submission deadline: Friday, February 16, 2018 @ 5pm PST.
There is currently no fee for entering this award.
The NATAS Northwest Board of Governors plans to award up to three special Citations for Outstanding Community Outreach — one for each of our designated market sizes within the Northwest Chapter.
The intent is to make this an annual honor for outstanding community outreach work within our region in an effort to focus interest on, and marshal support for, a cause important to a station’s (company’s) service area.
The Board of Governors of the National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences, Northwest Chapter, invites broadcast companies, both news and non-news, to apply for this special recognition.
The market size areas are as follows:
- Market size 1-20 Seattle-Tacoma
- Market size 21-80 Portland & Spokane
- Market size 81+ All other markets
For a project and/or campaign to be considered, the company should complete this form and submit it with:
- A maximum 500-word description of the project AND
- A maximum 15-minute video composite of the project, including only material as aired. No introductions, post-production, montages, music or special effects may be added.
- The hyperlink or URL for viewing the video portion
One Citation will be awarded to the station; individuals named will receive certificates.
Submissions are due at the NATAS Northwest office by 5 p.m. on Friday, February 16, 2018.
To submit, email the submission form and description, along with a hyperlink/URL for the video, to email@example.com. The video may be hosted on a video service like YouTube or Vimeo.
Submissions will be judged by nonprofit professionals who have no conflict of interest. The NATAS Northwest Board of Governors will vote on the judges’ recommendations and will present the Citations at the Emmy Awards on June 9, 2018.